To earn your Private Pilot Certificate, you must have at least 40 hours of total flight time.
Which must include:
- 20 Hours of dual flight time with an instructor
- 3 Hours of dual cross country in helicopter
- 3 Hours of night flight training in a helicopter, including:
- A cross country greather than 50nm total distance
- 10 takeoffs and landings to a full stop
- 3 hours in the preceding 60 days before the checkride
- 10 hours of solo flight time in a helicopter, including:
- 3 Hours of solo cross country
- 1 solo cross country of at least 75 nautical miles total distance with 3 full stop landings
- 3 takeoffs and landings to a full stop at a towered airport
Additional Training: The experience requirements provided above are derived from FAA regulations and may not represent the actual amount of training required to achieve the specified rating. The timeline and prices quoted below are based on minimum hours. Additional training will be billed at an hourly rate and could extend the graduation date.
All Monarch Sky courses and pricing assume that students meet the FAA prescribed experience prerequisites. If students wish, Monarch Sky can provide Time Building
in order to meet all prerequisites.